One of the scariest aspects of mold is its ability to grow and affect people without them being aware of its presence. However, if you know what to look for, you can spot a mold problem or the conditions that promote its development.
For starters, we’ve provided some signs the you have a mold problem on our web site. In general, these warning signals are seeing mold, a musty smell, and inhabitants showing symptoms of mold allergies.
However, there are other signs you should look out for. While most of these don’t necessarily indicate mold, they do indicate excessive moisture which encourages mold growth.
- Condensation on pipes, windows, or walls inside a building.
- Rusting on metal, especially pipes.
- Discoloration of walls (yellow indicates moisture; green, brown, or black indicates mold).
- Cracked and peeling paint
- Warped wood
- High humidity. (All of the above indicate high humidity, but the best way to tell is with a humidity sensor. Ideally, your home should have a relative humidity of 30-50 percent. If it’s 55 percent or greater, mold can grow easily.)
If you suspect or are concerned about mold growth in your home, contact us to schedule a free estimate or an inspection.