We Offer COVID-19 Cleaning Services


How to Protect Your Engineered Wood From Fungal Growth

Do you know about the dangers fungal growth can have on your home’s engineered   wood? If you do not know, we are here to inform you! Read below!

Fungi are the largest contributors to decomposition. This is a good and bad thing. It is a good thing because they are nutrient recycling for our environment. They help decompose matter in nature, which is a welcoming process. The downside is that fungi can decompose our homes.

Fungi eat wood and our homes are mainly made of wood and wood products. In fact some fungi can produce enzymes that become secreted into the wood of our homes and break down our wood to energize them and their growth. The lignin component of wood is harder for fungi to digest than the other components of the wood.

There are big differences in how water damage and fungal growth progresses in engineered wood when compared to conventional wood.

Conventional wood is solid dimensional wood that has been finished (planed) and cut into standardized widths and depths. Engineered wood includes plywood, medium density fiberboard (MDF), particle board, OSB (OSB) and I-joists.

To learn how these wood products can impact your air quality and be damaged by fungi, if not protected, read this article from Ieconnections.com.

For professional help and questions on remediation, contact Advance Mold Remediation by calling 1-877-411-MOLD or click here today!

Check us out on Facebook and Twitter as well!

This entry was posted on Thursday, November 24th, 2011 at 2:30 pm. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.

Schedule a Free Estimate!

Advance Restoration Remediation is a certified and licensed firm dedicated to efficiently analyze and treat any mold and water issues. From small residential issues to large-scale commercial properties, the skilled professionals at Advance Remediation Restoration can resolve any mold issue.

vanLow profile
vehicles used for discrete service.

How Can We Help?