We all know mold is bad. It has been linked to asthma attacks, allergies and other respiratory problems. But when we find mold, we often have no idea what we are looking at. There are well over 100,000 different kinds of mold. But today, we are focusing on just one – Black mold.
Toxic Black mold or Stachybotrys Chartarum is a greenish-black fungus found all over the world. One indicator of whether your mold is toxic black mold is the place in which it is growing. This particular brand of mold loves to colonize in high-cellulose material such as: straw, hay, wet leaves, dry wall, carpet, wall paper, fiber-board, ceiling tiles and thermal insulation (basically all around your house). Black Mold also prefers growing in a warm, damp, or dark space.
Once you have identified the mold source, how do you get rid of it? This article from CleaningBlackMold.com explains exactly how to rid yourself of this annoying fungus.
Not only can toxic black mold have adverse effects on your health, but it can also damage your home – eating drywall and damaging the underlying structure – before releasing its spores into the air. If you fail to prevent a mold outbreak, you should know how to deal with it.
It is very important that you eliminate mold immediately when you find it. First off, protect yourself. Wear an N-95 respirator when dealing with mold, because the rigorous cleaning can release additional mold spores into the air, which can be harmful if inhaled.
Black mold can be removed using a strong natural cleaner (one that kills mold and prevents it from returning) and thorough cleaning techniques. But if you would rather leave the cleaning to the professionals, or if you have any questions, contact Advance Mold Remediation by calling 1-877-411-MOLD or click here today!