If you’re searching for ways to prevent mold from spreading your home, Advance Mold Environment is here to help. There are a variety of strategies you can consider to help you combat moisture that helps mold thrive.
Homes that are built tightly are considered high-risk mold problems because tightness means the buildup of moisture makes for a perfect atmosphere for household mold and mildew growth.
The following are ways you can prevent mold from spreading in your home:
– Reduce Your Indoor Humidity. High humidity can be a major problem for your bathroom because mold and mildew can live on moist bathroom walls. You can control your interior humidity properly with kitchen and bathroom exhaust fans.
– Install a clothes dryer vent that vents to the exterior of the home. You may even want to install a Heat Recovery Ventilation (HRV) system as well to bring in fresh air and exhaust any stale indoor air. This will make it a challenge for mold spores to spread in your home.
– Don’t use carpet in finished basements. You can keep down mold with ceramic tile flooring. Carpet can only be mold free in a basement with a dehumidifier that’s no higher than 50 percent.
– Use pleated media filters that have a MERV 6 rating or more. These filters will increase your HVAC systems’ ability to prevent dust from entering your duct system and minimize the chances of mold growth.
– Have a whole home dehumidifier installed. This device works far better than portable dehumidifiers. With a whole home dehumidifier, you will have a system that runs 24/7 to reduce moisture in your home air. A whole home dehumidifier has the capability remove 90 pints of water a day from indoor air.
If you need help preventing mold and managing moisture in your home, Advance Mold Environment is here to serve you.
Advance Mold Environment, a mold remediation and environment restoration company, can inspect your home for asbestos and mold exposure. If mold or asbestos is present, we can safely do a mold cleanup or asbestos cleanout. Excess mold and asbestos are extremely dangerous. Let Advance Mold Environment protect your property and health from mold and asbestos today.
For professional help and questions on remediation, contact Advance Mold Remediation by calling 1-877-411-MOLD or click here today!