Routine building maintenance should always include checks for water damage and visible mold. According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention mold indoors can cause a serious health threat. This piece lists some of the ways to get rid of mold in your building.
According to the CDC there are preventative measures you can take to lessen the threat of mold in your space. These include:
- Keep humidity level in house between 40% and 60%.
- Use air conditioner or a dehumidifier during humid months.
- Be sure the home has adequate ventilation, including exhaust fans in kitchen and bathrooms.
- Use mold inhibitors which can be added to paints.
- Clean bathroom with mold-killing products.
- Do not carpet bathrooms.
- Remove and replace flooded carpets.
If you have mold indoors there are some easy steps to take to get rid of it. In most cases surface level mold can be removed by cleaning with commercial products, soap and water, or a mixture of bleach and water. Absorbent materials are a bit harder to clean. Things like dry wall and porous tiles may need to be discarded in order to get rid of the mold completely. If you have any serious mold growth in your home, it is best to contact a professional to put a stop to the mold.
For more information on mold growth and solutions to mold in your home, contact Advance Mold Remediation by clicking here or calling 1-877-411-MOLD.